“I have about 150 bonsais growing in my back yard.” – Cindie Duke Bonomi
Click on each event to the right for more details. ————>
2 BIG EVENTS FOR SEPTEMBER!!! SPECIAL GUEST SEAN SMITH AND THE ANNUAL AUCTION!
- Wednesday, September 17 PBS Member Meeting- Special guest speaker: Bonsai and Suiseki expert Sean Smith from Marysville, PA See his full profile under “Upcoming Events – September”
- Annual Auction OPEN TO THE PUBLIC! Saturday, September 20 from 10:00-3:00 Michael Brothers Nursery (on the way to Bob Grealish’s house) See “Upcoming Events” for more details
- The next free evening workshop at Bob Grealish’s house will be announced. Members can bring trees out to Bob’s for great advice in a casual atmosphere. Call Bob for details/directions: 412-977-0077
- PBS members who are not receiving the newsletter via email and wish to, contact Dave @ email@example.com
- Bonsai Supplies: Remember to call Bob Dietz from Bonsai in the Burgh @ 724-348-4771 for all of your bonsai supplies, and he can bring them to a meeting for you or you can visit him in South Park.
New to Bonsai? Looking for a source of information and inspiration in Pittsburgh? You’ve found it with the Pittsburgh Bonsai Society. Visitors are welcome to sit in on a monthly member meeting before joining. During the meetings, members participate in tree workshops and learn from expert speakers during demonstrations. Other seasonal events include the annual spring show, the tree auction, and the summer picnic . Come to the meeting and find expert information on all aspects of bonsai, plus sources for trees and supplies. We even promise to have members’ trees at every meeting just to appreciate. Bring in your own tree for some care or styling advice.
The membership fee is $30 for individuals and $40 for families for the period of March through December. As a member, you will receive our monthly newsletter which is full of helpful information and current events, and you can participate in any club events. The newsletter can be mailed or emailed to you. Most meetings are on the third Wednesday of the month (check the current schedule in the link above for alternate days), starting with March. We meet from 7:00 to 9:00 PM (or 9:30) at the Phipps Garden Center, 1059 Shady Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15232 ( not Phipps Conservatory in Schenley Park). You can contact club president Dave Metzgar at 412-956-2482 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.