“Little Trees are the Bee’s Knees” – David Byron Metzgar
Click on each event to the right for more details. ————>
- Phipps Conservatory Winter Orchid and Tropical Bonsai Show - January and February 2014 See the Phipps website for details: http://phipps.conservatory.org/
- Remember to call Bob Dietz from Bonsai in the Burgh @ 724-348-4771 for all of your bonsai supplies, and he can bring them to a meeting for you.
- Wednesday, March 19, 2014 First meeting of the year
- Wednesday, April 16 Monthly Meeting
- Wednesday, May 21 Monthly Meeting
- Saturday & Sunday, June 7-8 – Annual Spring Show
Look for seasonal tree care tips in the TREE CALENDAR link above! New members can read Bob Grealish’s online book, “Beginning Bonsai”, found under the Resources link.
New to Bonsai? Looking for a source of information and inspiration in Pittsburgh? You’ve found it with the Pittsburgh Bonsai Society. Visitors are welcome to sit in on a monthly member meeting before joining. During the meetings, members participate in tree workshops and learn from expert speakers during demonstrations. Other seasonal events include the annual spring show, the tree auction, and the summer picnic . Come to the meeting and find expert information on all aspects of bonsai, plus sources for trees and supplies. We even promise to have members’ trees at every meeting just to appreciate. Bring in your own tree for some care or styling advice.
The membership fee is $30 for individuals and $40 for families for the period of March through December. As a member, you will receive our monthly newsletter which is full of helpful information and current events, and you can participate in any club events. The newsletter can be mailed or emailed to you. Most meetings are on the third Wednesday of the month (check the current schedule in the link above for alternate days), starting with March. We meet from 7:00 to 9:00 PM (or 9:30) at the Phipps Garden Center, 1059 Shady Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15232 ( not Phipps Conservatory in Schenley Park). You can contact club president Dave Metzgar at 412-956-2482 or at email@example.com for more information.