…To disseminate knowledge, encourage others and create interest in the art of Bonsai
THE PITTSBURGH BONSAI SOCIETY CELEBRATES 60 YEARS !
- May Meeting Wednesday, May 17 @ 7 PM. “Grafting and layering techniques, along with spring show prep for display”
- Annual Spring Show Saturday and Sunday, June 3 and 4. Our free show open to the public.
- June Meeting Wednesday, June 14 @ 7PM “Scott’s Pine Literati continued!” (Bring any pine if you didn’t do the Scott’s workshop in 2014)
- Mentors can be found under the Membership page. Ask a more experienced member for help!
- Bonsai Supplies: Remember to call Bob Dietz from Bonsai in the Burgh @ 724-348-4771 for all of your bonsai supplies, and he can bring them to a meeting for you or you can visit him in South Park.
Contact PBS President Terry Monroe @ 412-443-3933 – email@example.com & Facebook Like Pittsburgh Bonsai Society on Facebook
New to Bonsai? Looking for a source of information and inspiration in Pittsburgh? You’ve found it with the Pittsburgh Bonsai Society. Visitors are welcome to sit in on a monthly member meeting before joining. During the meetings, members participate in tree workshops and learn from expert speakers during demonstrations. Other seasonal events include the annual spring show, the tree auction, and the summer picnic . Come to the meeting and find expert information on all aspects of bonsai, plus sources for trees and supplies. Bring in your own tree for some care or styling advice.
The membership fee is $30 for individuals and $40 for families for the period of February through December. As a member, you will receive our monthly email newsletter which is full of helpful information and current events, and you can participate in any club events. Most meetings are on the third Wednesday of the month, starting with February. We meet from 7:00 to 9:00 PM at the Phipps Garden Center, 1059 Shady Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15232 ( not Phipps Conservatory in Schenley Park).
Click on each event to the right for more details. ————>