…To disseminate knowledge, encourage others and create interest in the art of Bonsai
Click on each event to the right for more details. ————>
- Next meeting: Wednesday, March 25, 2105 Repotting Deciduous Trees/Advanced Soil Theory/Pot Selection
- Look for more info regarding the PBS member planting bed at the Grealish farm. Members will be needed to prepare the beds, and help plant and maintain seedlings. You can learn from the beginning, shaping and styling trees to create great future bonsai!
- PBS Highlight link: Michael Hagedorn’s blog. http://crataegus.com/ He posts some great information and photos of styling progressions. He writes an interesting piece on fertilizing, explaining why he doesn’t buy the old idea of using a low or no nitrogen fertilizer in the fall.
- PBS members: remember that your PBS dues run from March through December so send them to our treasurer, Debbie Bishop (see address on Membership page). Members will receive the newsletter by mail or email. If you are not getting the email version, contact Dave @ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bonsai Supplies: Remember to call Bob Dietz from Bonsai in the Burgh @ 724-348-4771 for all of your bonsai supplies, and he can bring them to a meeting for you or you can visit him in South Park.
Contact PBS President Dave Metzgar @ 412-956-2482 – email@example.com & Facebook Like Pittsburgh Bonsai Society on Facebook
New to Bonsai? Looking for a source of information and inspiration in Pittsburgh? You’ve found it with the Pittsburgh Bonsai Society. Visitors are welcome to sit in on a monthly member meeting before joining. During the meetings, members participate in tree workshops and learn from expert speakers during demonstrations. Other seasonal events include the annual spring show, the tree auction, and the summer picnic . Come to the meeting and find expert information on all aspects of bonsai, plus sources for trees and supplies. We even promise to have members’ trees at every meeting just to appreciate. Bring in your own tree for some care or styling advice.
The membership fee is $30 for individuals and $40 for families for the period of March through December. As a member, you will receive our monthly newsletter which is full of helpful information and current events, and you can participate in any club events. The newsletter can be mailed or emailed to you. Most meetings are on the third Wednesday of the month (check the current schedule in the link above for alternate days), starting with March. We meet from 7:00 to 9:00 PM (or 9:30) at the Phipps Garden Center, 1059 Shady Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15232 ( not Phipps Conservatory in Schenley Park). You can contact club president Dave Metzgar at 412-956-2482 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.