“Little Trees are the Bee’s Knees” – David Byron Metzgar
- Next Meeting: Wednesday, May 18 @ 7 PM “Show prep/displays and rock planting junipers”
- Young Choe Kusamono Workshop – Saturday, May 21 at Bob Grealish’s house Sign up at meeting. Limited space in 2 workshops, 9 AM and 1 PM
- 35th ANNUAL SPRING SHOW Saturday, June 4, 10-5 PM and Sunday, June 5, 10-4 PM -Phipps Garden Center Free show open to the public! Get more info by clicking on “Events”
- June Meeting: Wed. June 15 @ 7PM “Candle cutting pines to balance energy”
- PBS Member workshops at Bob Grealish’s House Bring some trees out to Bob’s for critique and work in a casual atmosphere. No Charge. Next dates are Tuesday May 3 and Thursday, May 19.
- Mentors can be found under the Membership page. Ask a more experienced member for help!
- The Planting Field Members are asked to come help at the planting field at Bob Grealish’s House. We have purchased starter material and planted it in the ground with the goal of having great material in the future and along the way learning how to train bonsai from an early stage. Work days will be announced and your volunteer time will be recorded, so the more time you put in, the better your selection will be when we use the trees.
- Bonsai Supplies: Remember to call Bob Dietz from Bonsai in the Burgh @ 724-348-4771 for all of your bonsai supplies, and he can bring them to a meeting for you or you can visit him in South Park.
Contact PBS President Daniel Yobp @ 626-755-8850 – email@example.com & Facebook Like Pittsburgh Bonsai Society on Facebook
New to Bonsai? Looking for a source of information and inspiration in Pittsburgh? You’ve found it with the Pittsburgh Bonsai Society. Visitors are welcome to sit in on a monthly member meeting before joining. During the meetings, members participate in tree workshops and learn from expert speakers during demonstrations. Other seasonal events include the annual spring show, the tree auction, and the summer picnic . Come to the meeting and find expert information on all aspects of bonsai, plus sources for trees and supplies. Bring in your own tree for some care or styling advice.
The membership fee is $30 for individuals and $40 for families for the period of February through December. As a member, you will receive our monthly email newsletter which is full of helpful information and current events, and you can participate in any club events. Most meetings are on the third Wednesday of the month, starting with February. We meet from 7:00 to 9:00 PM at the Phipps Garden Center, 1059 Shady Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15232 ( not Phipps Conservatory in Schenley Park).
Click on each event to the right for more details. ————>