The Pittsburgh Bonsai Society was founded in 1957 to foster the art of bonsai in Western Pennsylvania. The PBS was one of the first bonsai societies in the United States. Our mission is to disseminate knowledge, encourage others and generally create interest and exchange information in the art of Bonsai through lectures and demonstrations.
The officers of the Pittsburgh Bonsai Society are:
- President – Mike Stern
- Vice President – Ian Evans
- Recording Secretary – Larry Lamonde
- Technology and Publicity Officer – Doug Baker
- Treasurer – Karol Snead
Board of Directors
The board of directors consists of all officers, the previous president plus the chairs of the standing committees.
- All officers
- Immediate Previous President – Josh Buynak
- Education Committee Chair – Terry Monroe
- Programs – < vacant > interim chair Mike Stern
- Annual Exhibits and Sale – Dave Metzgar and Gilda Arroyo
- Field Director – Howie Powell
- Copy Editor – Cindie Squilla Bonomi
- Supply Director – Jim Crawford
The Pittsburgh Bonsai Society By-Laws define the club, its mission, and how it operates.
Contact information is maintained on a separate contact us page.